Sunday, May 9, 2010

Last Cake Class

Last weekend was the last cake class for Chicklet #1 and I. We have had so much fun and learned so many wonderful things. This class taught us how to make flowers out of gum paste that were real looking. It is going to take a lot of practice to get them to look real but it is something I have always wanted to do. It has been wonderful to have this time together with my big girl. For our last class, we had Mamaw with us and of course she had to get in on the fun. Leave it to Mamaw to act like one of the kids.

DSCI0559DSCI0560 Everyone thought it was cool that my mother would jump right in and have fun. You can tell they did not know her.

For our cakes, we had to incorporate flowers that we had learned how to make.

DSC_0520 

Chicklet #1 decorated hers with vines and different blossoms. It turned out really beautiful. We did learn that you need to put these flowers on fondant covered cakes to keep them from wilting. After a day, all of the flowers on the cake were soft and droopy. Oh well, that is how you learn.

DSC_0522

I did a flower pot full of daffodils. I think it turned out good but it was not what I had started out to do. I was going to make a tea pot cake but it ended up looking like a football. Oh well, live and learn.

DSCI0550

I am going to miss our Sat. gang but I will keep all of you up to date on our creations. We are not going to stop making cakes just because the class is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment