Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chicklet #1 is 10

On Tuesday, Chicklet #1 turned 10  and made her mommy feel really old. How is my little girl 10? Where did the time go?

We had a cookout on Saturday to celebrate her big day. She had a couple of girl friends over and family for some of Eric’s famous Bar-B-Que. Her birthday also coincided with our final cake in course three of the cake decorating class so we were able to use our cake as her birthday cake.  It was fun to create and even more fun to eat.  I made a yellow butter cake with chocolate butter cream icing on the outside and strawberry butter cream icing between the layers. Yum Yum.

DSC_0440

She had lots of fun playing with her friends and we tie dyed shirts which was a big hit with the kids of all ages.

DSC_0425 DSC_0423

Notice the two big ones in the middle of it all. I was only helping the girls but I enjoyed it.

DSC_0436

Amy and I looked real good going to work on Sun. night with colored fingers. The kids loved it so I guess that is the important part. 

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment