Sunday, February 14, 2010

Roses for the Teachers

This year I pulled an old idea out of my head for the teachers gifts. I made them roses out of Kisses. I made these one year when I was in high school. I think my dad still has the ones that I made him in his office. DSC_0287After about 3 hours of wrapping the kisses in red cellophane, adding a wire stem, leave and lots of florist tape, I had a large stack of roses.

DSC_0293  In the end, I had a dozen roses each for the six teachers that the chicklet’s have. When I took them to the school, I was stopped in the halls several times to comment on how cute they were. I think they were a big hit.DSC_0294 Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. i so remember these! and yes they are definitely still in daddy's office...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your girls owe you big time for working so hard on making those! Bryce took in pots of tulips for each of his teachers this year. They were big hits, too. Can't go wrong with any type of flower I think! xoxo

    ReplyDelete