Monday, December 21, 2009

Low Country Boil 2009

I am sorry that it has been so long since my last post. I am having trouble getting back into the swing of working and trying to get everything done that I want to get done. I hope I will get better.

DSC_0090

On the weekend of the 13th we had our 4th annual Oyster Bake and Christmas Low Country Boil with Eric’s family. It is always so much fun but this year was the coldest it has ever been. I think it was around 40 degrees the whole day. We did not let that stop us though.

DSC_0094Eric and Michael always have to shuck the oysters for all of the girls. We usually keep them real busy.

DSC_0112  She is her father’s daughter. She loves them steamed or raw and has to have hot sauce on them. Chicklet #2 will not eat them at all. She just eats the crackers.

DSC_0121 While the boil was cooking, Chicklet #2 and I picked up pecans from the front yard. We picked up a red wagon full. We are going to be busy shelling them now.

DSC_0139After we ate the boil, we all sat around talking and playing Jinga. We always have such a good time when we all get together. There is nothing like a good time with good family.

DSC_0151 Just for the record, Chicklet #2 was the champ. Boy could she pull the pieces out of some tight spots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment